SoilWorks Earth Sciences Group – a full service geotechnical / engineering geologic consulting firm, is pleased to reach our third year. It has come with many interesting clients, assignments and obstacles. The principals of SoilWorks offer nearly 100 combined years of experience, and served as the core engineering group of Neblett & Associates (Mr. Strickler was also a co-founder and owner of Neblett & Associates) until Sid Neblett’s recent decision to retire. Our principals are:
- Larry E. Fanning, PG / CEG / REA
- Steven E. Strickler, RCE / GE / REA
- Daniel J. Morikawa, RCE / GE
Sid Neblett is still lending his support to the SoilWorks team as our technical marketing ambassador and Emeritus level consultant, adding his personal 60-years and 1-billion cubic yards worth of earthwork and engineering geologic experience to our resource pool.
SoilWorks Earth Sciences Group is enjoying an incredibly successful three years! We are serving a wide spectrum of clientele, and are working on very exciting projects. We have a very experienced and dedicated staff base that is committed to excellence and client service. Our firm is well connected in the industry and has access to a wide range of experienced advisors and information. Communication is also a key foundation element of SoilWorks – our interests are finding solutions and facilitating process.
Our Mission Statement:
It is our Mission Statement to Assist and Support Our Clients and Design Team Groups in Achieving Their Goals Through Diligence, Innovation, and Teamwork – as well as Protecting Our Clients Interests and the Public Safety; and Continually Improve Our Industry Through Technical Excellence.
Our Objectives Are Our Clients Objectives – - Innovation, Engineering Economy, and Performance are our Mantras
Our office is conveniently located just off the intersections of the 55/405/73 Freeways at 350 Fischer Ave, Costa Mesa. This location provides us easy access to all of the Southern California Region allowing us to respond to our clients needs in the most efficient manner possible. SoilWorks Earth Sciences Group is a full service firm that includes office, field, and laboratory support.
We provide geotechnical, environmental, and engineering geologic consulting throughout the southwest and western United States, especially California. Our areas of service include:
- Full Service Geotechnical Lab
- Engineering Geology
- Structural Geology
- Grading and Construction Support Services
- Environmental Assessment
- EIR / Geotechnical & Environmental Services
- Green Technology; Hydrogeologic, Wastewater and Sustainability
- Storm Water Recovery and Water Quality
- Resource Recovery and Management
- Earth and Groundwater Exploration
- Remote Sensing and other Monitoring
- Seismic / Earthquake / Fault Hazard Evaluation
- Forensic Earth Science
- Expert Witness Services
- Infrastructure and Roadways
- Foundations, Ground, and Slope Stabilization/Remediation
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth, Geogrids, Geofabrics
- Composite Drainage, Moisture / Vapor Control
- Compaction Grouting, Post-Tension, and other Specialty Foundations
We specialize in the difficult and challenging projects and locations. Our staff has significant experience with outlying desert, mountain, coastal, and urban infill terrains. We look forward to challenging projects and take both a personal and professional interest in work under our purview.
We are excited about the prospects and opportunities that the future holds, and SoilWorks provides a positive environment to even better serve our clients and industry needs.